Sunday morning, a time for relaxing, lingering, and enjoying delicious food. One of our favorite things to whip up on a weekend morning is these Banana-coconut pancakes. Served here with fresh fruit salad and maple syrup, but could be equally good with a pile of fresh (or canned) pineapple, a drizzle of maple syrup, and a sprinkle of coconut.
Banana-Coconut Surprise Pancakes
* You can use either ripe or over ripe bananas in this. If you use an over-ripe banana mix it in with the other wet ingredients.*
1. Whisk together:
- 1 1/2 cups flour (we've been using half whole wheat while I've been pregnant to great success)
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
2. Whisk together in a separate bowl:
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
3. Gently combine the dry and wet ingredients until just moist, then fold in:
- 1 cup fresh scraped coconut or ~1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1 ripe banana, thinly sliced
4. Heat a pan over medium heat and pour in some oil. Pour ~1/3 cup of batter into pancake shaped blobs and cook until bubbles form on surface, flip, and finish cooking. Place pancakes on a plate, cover in a clean tea towel, and keep warm in the oven.